Astroworld tragedy: Travis Scott slammed with $750M claims

Nigeria News | Laila's Blog
Astroworld tragedy: Travis Scott slammed with $750M claims

Rapper Travis Scott is facing liability for $750 million in claims from 125 people over the Astroworld Festival incident that left 10 dead and hundreds injured earlier this month.

Scores were injured attending a performance by hip-hop artist Travis Scott at the Astroworld Festival on November 5 in Houston when concert-goers found themselves crushed against barriers, unable to move or breathe as the mass pressed toward the stage.

Some fell and others tumbled on top of them, crushing the bodies beneath, with the density of the crowd closer to the stage making it hard to pick them up and evacuate them, attendees said.

Among them was nine-year-old Ezra Blount, who sustained severe injuries and was placed in a medically induced coma as doctors fought for his life.

Now 125 people are making the compensatory claims through a filing by Houston Attorney Tony Buzbee – who had previously been representing at least 35 victims from the concert.

The suit accuses Scott and festival organizers of ‘gross negligence’ for the chaos at Astroworld on November 5.

The suit also names Live Nation, Epic Records Drake and Apple as defendants for their involvement in organizing the festival.

Buzbee plans to file another lawsuit with 100 more plaintiffs in the coming days, reports Mail Online.

‘No amount of money will ever make these Plaintiffs whole; no amount of money can restore human life,’ Buzbee said in the lawsuit.

‘But, the damages sought in this case attempts to fix, help, or make up for the harms and losses suffered by these Plaintiffs — nothing more and nothing less.’

Astroworld tragedy: Travis Scott slammed with $750M claims
Tolulope Ayeni

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post
Mobile Category